Short escape to Yogyakarta

Last month, Mum has informed me that she and my Dad could not manage to attend my brother’s graduation day in Yogyakarta because they cannot leave my grandma who needs to be taken care of, then she asks me to go. I agreed. It has been a long time since the last time I visited Yogyakarta in 2009. The graduation day carried out on 25th August 2016. I have bought the train ticket two weeks earlier before departure, because the price is cheaper than we buy it on the spot. Unfortunately the economy class were sold out, so I bought Taksaka Malam for IDR 290k for executive class. Purchasing ticket way too simple nowadays. When you need a ticket to go somewhere, you can order it online or contacting the travel agent by the phone. I made a call to PT KAI (Kereta Api Indonesia) to order one way ticket. To order ticket, the customer service need our personal identity as the requirement to process the ticket. After that, they will give you the booking code and limited time to pay. Just as simple as it is.

I’d prefer to use train rather than plane because simply I hate flying. Hahaha..

Up: Gambir (Jakarta) to Tugu station (Yogyakarta) | Down: Lempuyangan (Yogyakarta) to Pasar Senen (Jakarta)

Day 1

By the time I arrived early in the morning–it was around 4.20 am, my brother picked me up at Tugu station. I did not take some pictures of it because we were in a hurry and he needed to get ready and preparing stuff before the graduation ceremony begun. He dropped me off at my friend’s home, Kiki. Kiki is one of my best friend since we were in high school. She is married to a Javanese guy and has a three weeks old son names Russel. She named his son as it based on a little lad names Russel in UP the movie. She wish that her son will be like Russel in the future. A strong and healthy little guy.

Hasna–my brother’s girlfriend picked me up at 7 am sharp. It was not only my brother who will graduated that day, but also my cousin who finished his study for D4–the same accomplishment as bachelor degrees, and his parents were coming too. The opening ceremony began at 8.30 am sharp. It took two hours and more for ceremonial of the cadets, the opening speech, the pledge of the cadets and speech of the Agrarian Minister that made all of us almost fell asleep. My brother got surprised when he saw Hasna were coming too. After we took some pictures, we went to get some food for lunch.

Day 2

The next day which I have to check-in at the hotel I have booked, my brother couldn’t manage to pick me up due to there was an event he had to handle, so I have spent the whole day at Kiki’s home. Kiki and I were talking about many things and reminiscing about the moment we have spent together when we were in high school–while she carries her baby to feed him all the time. There are a lot of things you have to do when you become a Mother e.g. feeding the baby, change the baby’s diaper, to bathe the baby and another baby stuff that make you got lack of sleep at night which will makes you look like a zombie in the following day. I’m amazed that she is a mother now.

Three weeks old baby Russel

My brother managed to pick me up in the evening, and I had to thankful and farewell to Kiki and her family. My brother brought me to attend a semi formal farewell dinner which managed by the cadets themselves. The even itself was intended to receive their families that came from their hometwon. My brother took a part as the leader of this event and he nailed it. After that, he accompaied me to looking for the train ticket at the station, so I could strolling over the city without any worries on the next day.

Day 3

Before I came to Yogyakarta, I have already made an appointment with a friend. Both of us went to the same university but different batch. She’s living in Yogyakarta to pursue her master degree in UGM (Gajah Mada University). I’ve spent a day with Meike and visited four different cafes. We had several things to discuss. She such an open minded person, a feminist, so I am very pleasant to share anything with her. The story of Saturday night in Yogya is in here.

Day 4

I woke up early in the morning around 6, the room were still dark, people were still sleeping. It was my last day in Yogya and I will going back to Jakarta, back to my routine. The train will be arrived at 8.22 pm at Lempuyangan station. I’ve asked the receptionist for late check out and she grant my demand unless there is no new guest book the room. So I stayed a bit longer and took the chance to recover my energy. This is what I like about Yogya, people are humble, everything is easy and cheap.

It was raining and I was starving. My brother picked me up a little bit late. That time we decided to have lunch at the famous Super Sambal because they serve menus with affordable price. After that, we strolling over the city and made some chitchat. My brother was quiet but I know he was listening to me. The weather was good, slightly cloudy. After Magrib, we returned back to the lodging to take all my belongings then go straight to the station. My brother accompanied me until the train came at 8.10 pm which was 10 minutes earlier. Farewell Yogya, I’ll see you again.

Here I come, Jakarta.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s